Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Felt Love...

I recently received this wonderful package in the mail. Surprises are the best don't you think?!
Pat Winter is a truly kind and generous artistic soul. I met Pat through blogging and the Comfort Doll project she began and ran for many years.
Since I cannot seem to figure out how to link a site with my text I shall give you Pat's blog address http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/ so you can visit and discover her many talents unless you already follow this amazing woman.
So back to my surprise package. I love opening mail and find cleverness inside. Wrapped in pattern tissue and stamped and stitched is the most beautiful handmade brooch. Pat felted it and embellished it with her signature fabric ciggy and beads and ribbon embroidery. This brooch is truly a tiny work of art and I shall cherish owning it.
Thank you so very much dear Pat.

Isn't this beautiful with it's greens and purples, lace, ribbons, beads and the special heart attached? I am thrilled with this piece of felted love.

Happy creating...

14 comments:

  1. Its Lovely, What a generous lady
    Pat is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love the colors! I will have to hop over and check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This is the color palette that I have been playing around with. What a generous and timeless gift! Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet package and ohlala~~~look at what is inside. A lovely brooch. Enjoy...dogwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooohh, nice! Great surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah....lucky lady! Isn't her work just absolutely stunning!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful gift! an absolute treasure!! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is totally special. What an incredible gift to get out of the blue! She sure takes creativity a couple steps further!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. such a beautiful treasure you have!! I love the texture, colors and all of it!
    Does she sell these?
    Thank you for sharing..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how beautiful! Pat does such lovely work! You're a very lucky girl to receive such a treasure! xoxo Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely surprise, snail mail is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm constantly amazed at the creations that some people make. And then to give these beautiful pieces away! You are so blessed to have been the recipient of this gorgeous brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! How I love this!
    greetings from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful and creative gift from a generous friend. My favorite part about reading other's blogs is seeing the wonderful creations made by creative people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.