Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Hearts...

Happy Hearts to everyone.
Aren't surprises just the most fun when they bring such creative joy and happiness? I certainly think so. In my mail was this super cute Birdie Valentine card and the little burlap package held closed with an adorable heart pin.
Surprise!
It held a beautiful charm domino necklace made by Sheila of Blessed and Distressed blog. I aplogize that my scan does not do justice to the glitter and beauty of this sweet little girl that Sheila made from a simple domino. Please visit her and see all that she does.
Thank you so very much Sheila. You are one of the wonderful and generous friends I have found here in blogland.


Heart Strings.
This scan definitely does not do justice to this lovely sewn string of hearts and butterflies and love that Miss Cory "Dogwood" handmade and sent to me. I adore it and its fluid movement as it hangs near my desk to inspire me. Thank you very much Dogwood of Pink Dogwood Blossoms blog. Cory and I actually live right near one another and have never met in person. We were matched up in last year's April Letter Writing challenge and have been corresponding ever since. Some day soon we shall meet especially since we both shop at the same Ben Franklin local craft supply store.


Creative Handmade Cards.
These are some Valentine cards I received from family and friends that are ever so cute and special as they are handmade. I must not scan so badly! I do cherish all of my Valentine goodies and the fact that they were created with love.
Chocolate...
Oh no lack of that. Just no photos or scans as I have eaten all of it. I did share a tiny bit with Mr. C since he likes chocolate also.
May you each celebrate this wonderful day and enjoy the love that surrounds us all.
Happy Hearts...


8 comments:

  1. I love this blog post.
    Great necklace.
    What a surprise to scroll down and see my heart string! Thanks for posting it. Yes, maybe this Spring we can meet for coffee and have a nice chat.
    Any snow yet or just rain? I am in the city right now arriving home from GV yesterday. Rain rain rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you!
    Great Valentine treasures! I hope you do meet Cory this year.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Valentines! handmade cards are the best, and harder to toss in the trash :) They're keepers! Hope you had a great lovey day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have wonderful friends. It is so fun to go to the mailbox and get presents and everyone in blog land always wraps them so cute!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the birdie valentine, sweet! And the necklace is so fun. Lucky you :) Enjoy.
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet treats! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you received great gifts from friends too! Love the necklace and the "Heart Strings" mixed media piece. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.