Sunday, December 27, 2015

Tissue Paper Collector...


My name is Sherry and I am a hoarder collector of tissue paper.  I have not met a tissue paper I didn't like.  In my quest to eliminate cut down on clutter, I am sorting and purging stuff...including tissue paper.


Here is another view of my collection.  Unfortunately I am not able to show you my Christmas themed collection or my vintage collection or my all year usable collection due to packing boxes in the way of getting to them.  So for now I shall merely show you what is in my constant easy reach.


This is a desk drawer that measures approximately 20" x 24" x 2" deep.  All the paper you see in the top two photos was crammed residing in this drawer which is at my studio island worktable.  Since I am admitting my addiction I will also admit that this drawer gave up being able to be closed at least two or three years ago.  I didn't mind it being half opened all the time.  It makes me happy to see my wonderful tissue collection.
However, in my quest to purge and have less clutter I decided it is time to sort through and organize this drawer so it can close.


Here is my newly organized and thinned out collection of tissue paper.  And...the drawer closes without any help from me having to push down the pile.  Oh if only I could thin down this easily.  I may be eating too many cookies and too much fudge but that is something I shall work on later.
I am trying to throw out (which also means donate) at least five things each day until the New Year.  To many of you this won't sound like a lot.  To me who "collects" hoards this is not easy.
Staying home and not shopping will be what I prefer this lovely after Christmas time of year.  I am hoping to begin 2016 with less stuff and clutter and a newfound Creative Bliss.
What are you doing to prepare for a fresh New Year?
Peace and Love to All...

15 comments:

  1. I thought that your intro was so funny,, I think this is a healthy addiction and I as well love to collect tissue paper, not on the scale you do,, you are a pro, lol, I really like your collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collections my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL...there are worse things! But I do know what you mean. And I sorted, thinned and organized much of my "stuff" this past year. I feel so happy having shed what I don't need nor want. I hope you get that good feeling too. This new year's plan is to use what I already have. And top of that list is to make more handmade greeting cards rather than buying them. And I've made a list of events I need cards for during the entire year so that I hopefully come prepared on time. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girlI have been procrastinating way to long . I plan on doing exactly what you are doing. I know I will feel oh so much better. Happy New year to you. By the way it is snowing out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tissue paper too. I always iron my paper that comes with gifts - crazy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know what you do with your collection! You create so many things, so what do you do with your tissue paper? Funny, funny post. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea there was patterned tissue paper have only ever seen white and plain colours. Best of luck with destashing not an easy thing to do. No plans for 20i6 yet but maybe something will come to mind in the next couple of days

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I started reading, I thought "tissue paper is a weird thing to collect". Unless of course you use it to wrap gifts or some other purpose. Then I totally understand, why buy more.

    But then I look around my room and see tote lined shelves of things that could be considered "collecting" Things I keep incase I might use them some day.

    Nope, I continue to purge things from the house. My thought is that I don't want my kids to have one of "those" estate sales when I'm gone.

    Keep choosing 5 things a day..It's a great practice. Someone NEEDS what you no longer use....
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read the first part about being a tissue paper collector my first thought was to send you some of mine! I also love tissue paper!One of my plans for the new year is to tidy up my gift wrap drawers and, possibly, get rid of some of the "stuff" cluttering them. I have been trying to actually use some of the items I've hung onto because they were "too pretty to use"! Happy New Year,Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinning down! ;^) Yes I hear you and I have paper and tissue issues of my own that I'm dealing with. My hubby and I are purging cupboards, shelves, drawers etc. LOTS is going out! I hope to have it done by the new year then I'll work on the physical thinning. After all we do need to fuel all this editing! lol Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is impressive! Both the quantity, and the fact that you were able to trim it down some to fit in the drawer. It is hard to get rid of paper things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My resolve last year (note - I didn't call it a 'resolution', because that is just bound to be a set up for failure in my life!!) was to shop in my own stash as much as I could. Funny thing - I did my best, but you'd never know it from the amount I still have left!! So...guess what....that resolve is going to carry over into 2016 too. Most probably into 2017, 2018 and beyond....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am feeling the same way! I save way too many things with that "just in case" in mind! You just never know when you may need it. Trying to use it or loose it. Recycling here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a beautiful tissue paper collection you have!! I need to purge scrapbook paper...it's pretty much taken over my craft room. I just have such a hard time parting with it!! But you've inspired me!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.