Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Warm Sunny Haystacks...

Hello on this warm and sunny Wednesday.
Here are some Origami birds (Tsuru, Japanese cranes) from a book "Omiyage" by Kumiko Sudo that I made and gave to my sisters during our last reunion. I honestly do not think they appreciated the time and hand sewing that went into my making them. The crane sympolizes freedom. I am thankful that I have the freedom to make such loving gifts.

My grown daughter was coming for a visit this past Christmas and asked me if I still know how to make "haystacks" like when she was younger. Being the dutiful mom I said, "Of course". Then I quickly googled foodtv.com and got this recipe which follows:

In Microwave safe bowl melt 1 pkg or 1 2/3 C Nestle Toll House Butterscotch morsels. Stir after 1 minute and see if soft enough or heat a bit longer. Stir and add 3/4 C peanut butter and blend till smooth. Add 2 cans 5 oz each chow mein noodles and blend till coated. Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper or release foil and refrigerate until ready to serve and eat.
Thank you Nestle and FoodTV. So I made a batch and am eating them as my daughter was not able to come visit this year. Thank you MiniMe for the reminder and reason to make these again.

I am busy with studying how to better my Etsy shop (http://createology.etsy.com/) with eye catching photography and definition tags that link to search engines. My realization is that this is quite a full time job and I really must devote my full attention and time to this endeavor. My patience is wondering if I shouldn't have sales happening by now. I have gotten feedback from friends and family and I even have a few "hearts" of others that like my shop, however I have not gotten that all important sale to validate createology. All things come to those who wait is not working for me in this case. I believe in Etsy and know my items are worthy of finding good homes and owners who will love and cherish them as much as I do making them.

I must get back to the daily business of staying busy and being productive. Please keep coming back to follow my progress. Also, I totally welcome any help or feedback anyone might be willing to share with me. I am all about learning in order to do a better job. Thank you in advance.

Have a wonderful week.
Saucy Chick Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.