Saturday, July 6, 2013

Crafters Waste Nothing...


When you live a life of creative bliss you never waste or throw away anything if you can use it to make something.  I have done this my entire life and my mother did this and my grandmother did this.  We see things differently than maybe others might see them.
Here I received a beautiful envelope with my name written on it.  The quality of paper and the silver color was divine.  I decided to punch out some shapes.  I chose a Fiskars star punch and a Martha Stewart crown punch.  I cut apart the flap, and down the sides of the envelope to open it up.  Next I just punched.


Here are my scraps and my shapes.  Not bad I would say.  I ended up with 12 stars and 12 crowns.  Now I have them ready for making ATCs, cards, tags or collages.  In fact I inserted the stars loosely into a card and mailed it off for the Fourth.  Now the recipient can be creative and use them too.
What would you make with these shapes?  What would you do with a used envelope?  Creative minds want to know.
This is a short post.  Still not much sleep happening here.  Mr. C and I spent another two hours at the doctor.  His back muscles were having painful spasms and he got numerous shots to relieve some of the pain.  The doctor also added to his meds so maybe he can sleep.  So far...no sleeping for longer than a few minutes to maybe 2 hours.  I clearly remember this is what is was like raising a child, pets and watching over aging grandparents.  Rest...please...it will help with the much needed healing.
Our weather is cooler and out of the triple digits.  I have the house windows open and am enjoying a delta breeze.  Funny as we are not even close to a delta.
How are you enjoying this glorious Summer?  Thank you once again for all the caring concern and prayers.  I am warmed and overwhelmed by having such good friends I haven't even ever met in person.
Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

13 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I would do with the little cut outs...Just put them in a little envelope and you will find something amazing to use them on! Thank you for the update on your hubby, Man if He can get a good nights sleep, all seems better! I have had an injury before and I know what it is like to be in pain 24/7, tell him his body WILL heal, it will get better, it will be about 6 weeks, so Hang in there, I know it is tough, depressing and seems unbearable, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, this is not his life!!!!

    Bless you for being a great nurse

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sherry. So glad to see that you are spending some time for yourself in your crafty space. I too cannot throw away a piece of good craft paper. I punch butterflies out with the piece and have them in a pretty bowl on my desk.
    Hope MR. C. feels better soon and lets you get some rest. I am sure you need it.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crafting...Yea! It will do you good to spend some time in you lovely studio. I love my paper, stars and pretty lace. Not sure what I will make with it yet. Currently working on my Nevada Co Fair entries.
    Hope you and your hubby get some good ZZZZZZZZZs real soon.
    Hugs, Cory/Dogwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, Sherry, we cannot easily throw things away! My family was like that too - we tried to make everything ourselves! I still enjoy it!

    Hope you both are able to get some sleep now! It's very hard with broken/cracked ribs, I know, because my husband went through that a few years ago. And your poor Mr. C has so many other hurting places too. Try to get as much rest as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope the meds help you both get some much needed rest. I think you had a great idea with the punches and the pretty envelope. Take care. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. The older I get the worse I get when I don't get sleep...our bodies were designed to rest and when we don't get it nothing seems right! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your punched shapes Sherry - stars and crowns - so you!
    I am also always intrigued by packaging and have saved a few envelopes in the past year as there was definitely a belief there was more life in them still...
    I hope Mr. C. gets some pain relief soon - you are so right about rest and healing - it is so critical to getting better.
    Take care and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sherry, I just read about your husband's accident. So sorry to hear but so glad to know that he is on the mend. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and full recovery. It's good that you have your crafting to keep you occupied. Such a great idea for using that envelope. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful reminder to use our supplies wisely...I often donate scraps to my local school (art class) also. I hope your hubby is doing better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sherry,
    I also save envelopes, and all other papers, -you just name it :-)
    Lovely idea to punch the crowns and stars, making them ready for further projects!! I also save cot outs , ready to use!!
    I so hope for you and your husbond, that he will soon find some reliefe, so both of you can sleep , dear Sherry!
    A better new week to him and you.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to be better at deciding what to reuse and what to let go. It is all good stuff. Yes, rest healing. Make sure that you are getting yours as well. Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch, that sounds painful Sherry... Hope you'll both be able to get some rest and sleep.
    Great way to reuse an envelope! I was thinking of reusing envelopes in a mini scrapalbum or something like that, as little pockets to store tags and notes in. But this is great recycling too, I have to remember this.
    Take care dear, best wishes for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to cut out pretty shapes from that nice envelope. Crafty recycle is the way to go!...I hope Mr. C can get a good night's rest soon. Poor guy... and I'm sure you can use a good rest too. Your nerves must be shot! Sending hugs your way. xoxo Paulette :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.