Friday, April 30, 2010

Goodbye April...

April is always a very busy month with the hope of winter ending and Spring arriving, lots of family and friends birthdays and this year the Letter Writing Month challenge I joined.
The photo above shows the wonderful amount of snail mail I have received this month. We each were paired with a "blog pal" and the criteria of sending at least one snail mail item to that person. Well, the list included 32 participants and we could also send to any one or all of the list. You know me...I sent to every person on the list at least once. Some of them more than once. And my blog pal several times. I was so lucky as my blog pal sent me lots of wonderful mail. Each so very clever and handmade which is just what I love.
Thank you each and every one for such a fun month of snail mail.
I also took this month and sent mail to some of my friends and blogland friends. I thought it would be the right time to remember so many people who mean so much to my daily living.
I am awaiting one more piece of mail from my blog pal because she gave me a hint that she made me something and I am so excited to see what it is.
So as this is the last day of April we say goodbye and put this very busy month to rest for another year.
When was the last time you handwrote a letter or handmade a card and mailed it to someone?

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea to have a blog pal. and so nice of you to send so many wonderful things. i too am happy to be greeting the month of may, welcoming warmer weather, more flowers and added sunshine.

    have a wonderful weekend!
    juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful idea. I love the idea of snail mail...it is such a rarity these days.

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for finding me! I am adding you to my favorites because I stop here so often (I don't like that l...u...r... word!).

    I never good to scrapping. It seemed like so much work for one page that so few could enjoy. I love paper crafts, though, I Iove and I love the things you do with paper.

    I'm just kind of in the "love" mood now!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. paper scraps went down the drain, I wasn't even thinking about clogging or anything...ooops, my bad! but thanks for the reminder...I shall be more attentive next time around. I really love that project!

    and yes, letter writing is a great thing to receive in the post, instead of bills and flyers!
    thanks again!!!!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina was here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get back to doing some letter writing so I got out my stationary at the request of my granddaughter and wrote her a letter. My hands cramped up so badly and my handwriting has really suffered from lack of use.
    Still, I want to do more of it.
    How nice of your blogging pal to send you a little gift.
    Enjoy!
    Thank you for stopping by. The garage sales are really an adventure...I have lots of children and give things to them.

    You have inspired me to write letter again...at least to try.
    Hugs, :)
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, with so many fabulous goodies in april, aren't you excited to see what may brings! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mail! Not so common to say that about snail mail any more. Thanks for sharing wonderful sentiments! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.