Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scrapbook page or Tag keeper???

So I do not "scrapbook" as in the current terms however I certainly do my version of scrapbooking and always have. From the days of putting photos in an album and then having no text as to who or what is happening in the photos, to the horrible days of putting photos in those icky sticky photo albums which have long since ruined and eaten the photos, to the more current trend of designing and decorating the pages...oh and then maybe put a tiny photo on said page.
What you see here is utilizing scrapbook archival paper in the lovely shades of pink which not only represent girly but also cancer wellness in a generous 12" x 12" size. I needed to make some tags and thought why not make the scrapbook page to house the tags in also. I made six tags and kept the embellishments all fairly flat so the page would not be too bulky. Lots of butterflies, glitter, an angel, some lace, my favorite mary jane shoe stamp, princess ribbons and stickers.

I used another sheet of the scrapbook paper to cut strips and sewed them onto the base sheet. This gave me pockets in which to place the tags. Each tag can be removed to view and then replaced back in the pocket for keeping.
For Colette once again to cheer her in her battle against cancer. Think Pink and Health!!!
Once I started this project I just couldn't stop until I was satisfied with the cheer and smiles I hopefully sent along with it.
This is a part of a bigger project that Sherry at Country Wings is doing and I am so blessed to be a tiny part of it.
Do you have any ideas for Pink mailable items to send to Colette?


6 comments:

  1. Colette should love this!
    Happy Sunday my friend
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knock me out with your idea's. I never got into "Scrapping" as they call it because it seems such a waste of pages with only a photo or two per page. I keep buying albums meaning to one day put all my pictures in them but just have no idea how to get started. They used to have black pages in them and you wrote in white ink. I loved the little corners on each photo...things have changed so much. All my photo's are on the computer and I live in fear of losing them. So ...I do nothing. I coast.

    Anyway...the little pocket are cute.
    Are the tags for gifts? I don't give that many gifts anymore as we have been drawing names at Christmas because of the economy.

    It's clear I need to catch up on what is going on. :(
    Hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Madame! How very nice of you to come and putter around my blog as I prepare to take you on a tour of my sweet city and our mansions, cottages my little nest. You are certainly welcome for tea any time, Madame!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly brilliant - just love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. very neat! love it!!new follower... lovely blog you have...hope your weekend was a good one(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very lovely lady. I know your friend Colette will love you Pink gift. What a cleaver idea.

    Sweet thought for Colette.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.