Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rust Motherload...

I couldn't help myself!
This is the rust motherload!
I was at a rental yard for about an hour and I finally couldn't contain myself any longer.
I had to pick up these pieces of rusty metal.
Nuts, bolts, washers, nails, screws, wire, plates and a huge hinge. All completely covered in rust. Very disgusting and dirty...unless...
You fancy yourself to be a mixed media artist.
You just know you can use these pieces in your artwork some day. :o)
I love ephemera.
Honey may I have the key to the car? Oops...now I must justify to Mr. Createology why I absolutely have to have this wonderful handful of junk. Not an easy task to say the least!
So I merely put them in the trunk carefully inside a box so as not to mess up anything.
Luckily I had a moist clean wipe for my incredibly rusty hands.
With a smile on my face I put on my blinders and did not look at the ground or pick up another piece of anything.
Now I await inspiration to strike.
Wait, I know where you are going right now...
P.S. Park outside as you don't want to get these in your tires.

4 comments:

  1. These kind of things make me smile really big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, next time my farmer is off for parts I think I need to go with him. Happy Creating! 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul! And a funny story...sneaking rusty "junk" into the car. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I sneak in STUFF on a regular basis!! Thanks for all your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.