Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Winter Hijacked Spring...Again

The rain is so refreshing and clean and clear. I really do like it. However, Winter has hijacked our Spring again. Here it is April 28th and no sunshine again. When I took this picture it was just between hail and snow and a white layer on the ground. Snow level is 4000 feet today and we are 3400 foot elevation. The Sierra's are definitely getting another batch of snow. This rain is so good for our water table. We are on our own well so we are thankful for the rain. It also means we don't have to turn on our drip irrigation system yet.
Welcome refreshing rain.
I was going to post pictures of my clever creative artistic bookmarks I made however I seem to have some little (or big) gremlin who deleted the two pictures I needed. Afterall they were sandwiched in with Mr. Createology's car project photos so I can easily see how a couple of "craft" photos were not needed. LOL
I was going to show you how I use an old catalog for my gluing station. You probably already are doing this or know about this but just in case you aren't using this trick here it is. Get an old catalogue and instead of throwing it out just yet, use the pages for your base to apply glue to your pieces of ephemera. As each page gets messy just turn it over and you have a new clean page to work on.
I recycled some propaganda (so mysterious sounding) mail I had received and cut it into bookmark sized strips. It had some lovely flower photos on one side so I merely embellished around the photos. Some old sheet music, some glittery butterfly stickers, some text and done. The other side I glued my vintage wrapping paper to cover the strip. Some corner punches, a single hole punch and some ribbon finishes and a bookmark ready for mailing and using.
Very simple and kept some junk mail out of the landfill. As for my glue catalogue it takes a long time to fill every page with glue. Once filled you can use it for another art project.
P.S. I couldn't retake the photos because I mailed out all the bookmarks I made.
Do you have a handy tip for gluing paper or such things?

9 comments:

  1. Hey, sweetie:
    Sorry you haven't had some warmer weather yet. We're going to have it in the 90s this weekend, and believe me, I'd love to "split the difference" with you!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such loverly suroundings. I'm reading your tips. The pages is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hint for gluing using the catalog. What a great idea. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love yours.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your deck and yard look beautiful. I just posted some hail/snow photos on facebook. This Spring Surprise weather is amazing and so good for California.

    Just wanted to let you know that I mailed a final package to you today. I had sooo much fun making it for you and I hope you enjoy it!

    Stay warm and dry! Cory/Dogwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind if I say how much I love that blue railing and the tiles you have, there is a nice contrast with the blue and the evergreens. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having the same weather. It snowed just above our house last night,brrrr. Love your catalog idea. Thanks, you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful home you have there...love your deck! I bet you spent a lot of time there! Love your idea for the catalog~ very good idea! Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  8. such beautiful trees! and the blue fencing is a picture.
    i am finding createology (such a fabulous word) fascinating! you are so clever my dear.

    xxx

    sumea

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo,really admired tree's.
    Thank you for the clever idea too.
    Have a great day and enjoy your blog very much.
    Hugs,Laura. xoxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.